POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II, Full-time, Ministry Center
Position Description: The Parish Administrative Assistant provides a diversity of responsible clerical support; communicates information, provides complete and accurate records; and provides information and/or direction as requested. This is not an entry level position and performs responsible confidential clerical support of a non-routine nature requiring frequent independent judgment.
Supervision: Office Manager
Compensation: This position is full time, non-exempt, health, dental, vacation,
and retirement package.
- Provides administrative assistance as needed for Pastor, Ministry Team, Parish Councils, internal ministry groups and other committees
- Assists with the day-to-day (phone and walk-in support) office workload thus purpose of ensures the completion of activities in an accurate and timely manner.
- Documents and coordinates information technology needs and initiates requests for service with the third party vendor providing technical assistance. Provides computer software support for all staff members.
- Coordinates a variety of projects, functions and/or program components (e.g., Parish website, Annual Giving and Stewardship Program, Newsletters, BMA Appeal and other Diocesan programs) for the purpose of completing activities and/or delivering services in a timely fashion.
- Composes a variety of documents (e.g., pledge updates, end-of-year donation statements, bulletin inserts, liturgical newspaper ads and weekly donation reports) for the purpose of communicating information and/or creating documentation in conformance with established guidelines.
- Maintains a wide variety of manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g., parish archives including photographs, brochures, council rosters, council meeting minutes and other documents) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines.
- Prepares a wide variety of reports, documents and correspondence of a confidential and non-confidential nature (e.g., letters, memorandums, agendas, meeting notifications, and meeting minutes) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties (e.g., staff, parishioners, visitors, volunteers) for the purpose of providing information or direction and/or facilitating communication among parties.
- Participates in marketing and public relations activities, for projects or events by creating brochures, fliers, Facebook and website updates.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Finance Council by assuming the preparation of the meeting agenda, scheduled meeting notifications, donation weekly reports, records and distributes meeting minutes and reports and coordinates hospitality.
- Initiates bulk mailings for Christmas, Easter, and other liturgical and non-liturgical events. Maintains bulk mail account balance and updates address lists.
- Edits and oversees the preparation of the bulletin to insure the proper layout and content of the publication. Assists with the creation of the weekly “graphics page” and other sections of the bulletin as needed.In the absence of the Bulletin Editor, ensures the preparation and timely submission of the parish bulletin.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and materials (e.g., paper, envelopes, and office supplies) for the purpose of ensuring items’ availability.
- Coordinates, creates and updates the monthly Presider’s Mass schedule working with the clergy; distributes as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Office Manager for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the parish office.
- The regular work week schedule for the position is 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday thru Friday.
- Requirements and Qualifications
- Active member of a Roman Catholic parish faith community or possesses the knowledge of and is willing to function in a manner consistent with the mission of the Catholic Church.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates initiative, good judgment and resourcefulness.
- Ability to plan, organize and work efficiently under limited supervision using standardized practices or methods.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Desktop publishing; Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, InDesign), and Adobe PageMaker.
- Honor and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to recognize and honor diversity within the parish community.
- Associates Degree or five years of administrative experience.
To apply, please forward a letter of interest, completed application form, and a current resume with a list of three work-related references to Office Manager, 6715 Leesburg Place, Stockton, CA 95207, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION: OFFICE MANAGER, Full-time, Ministry Center
Oversees Parish Human Resources, Retirement Plan, Medical Benefits, Contracts and Agreements. Collaborates with the Presentation Parish School Ministry for the above tasks.
Maintains HR records, vacation and sick accruals.
Supervises the leasing and maintenance of office equipment, including but not limited to copiers, fax, computers, telephone system, postage systems, etc.
Insures the proper operation of computers and office equipment (trouble shooting).
Manages and coordinates parishioner contributions entered in ParishSoft donation program, employer based donation programs, Online Giving, automated and credit card donations.
Supervises, coordinates and oversees the office staff and any related operational issues.
Coordinates and collaborates with Business Manager for payments of invoices.
Assists the Administrator with the contribution and giving programs including but not limited to the Stewardship Program, Bishop’s Ministry Appeal, Sunday offerings, special projects, maintenance and renovation.
Collaborates with the Administrator with the development and monitoring of the Administrative budget.
Updates, coordinates and maintains lease agreements and insurance coverage.
Insures the preparation and distribution of End of Year Donation letters to parishioners.
Implements Parish/Diocesan personnel polices.
Oversees the Safe Environment Program mandated by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Coordinates health and safety issues with the Facility Director.
Assures compliance with local, state and federal laws/regulations along with diocesan rules, regulations and policies.
Maintains a level of knowledge and skills required for the ministry by participating in diocesan, local, regional and national meetings, workshops and conferences, as appropriate and approved.
Participates and is visible at parish and school special events including, but not limited to the Fall Fest and back to school events.
Collaborates and participates, as a Ministry Team member, in all aspects and activities, including but not limited to retreats, missions, workshops, appreciation dinner.
Maintains and oversees record keeping as required by the parish, diocese and local, state and federal agencies.
Adheres to accounting and audit procedures including but not limited to handling and transferring of funds.
Works with other ministers to bring about a fuller participation of parishioners in all aspects of Parish life.
Assumes additional duties and responsibilities as directed.
This position is an integral member of the Ministry Team who collaborates directly with the Administrator on the areas directly related to the administrative functions of the parish, including but not limited to the areas of human resources, public relations, budget, and finances.
Supervision: Parish Administrator
Compensation: The position is exempt, including health, dental, vacation and retirement package.
Fully initiated membership in a Catholic faith community, preferably Presentation Church.
Bachelors Degree in Management or comparable business education or equivalent.
Minimum 3 years experience in an office environment as a supervisor.
Knowledge of computers and office machines.
Ability to work flexible hours, including weekend and evenings per scheduled events.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Initiative, good judgment and resourcefulness.
Ability to plan, organize and delegate work effectively.
Excellent time management skills.
- Commitment to the Mission and Vision of the parish especially to the parish’s goal of Stewardship of Time, Talent and Treasure.
To apply, please forward a letter of interest, completed application form, and a current resume with a list of three work-related references to Jim Falcone, Administrator, 6715 Leesburg Place, Stockton, CA 95207, or email to email@example.com